Look Good, Look EXTRA Good

Photo credit:-
Instagram: princesscheeto@

Hello there,
Have you ever had a moment in your days that you can't just be bothered by how you look? Like " this is me, I can look however I look" and some days, there is some kind of weird energy to put extra effort to look good, dress up and put on some make up and make you go "I'm fabulous!" when you're done grooming yourself.
I know I do πŸ˜‚
Thing is, I usually look good in my typical nice blouse or I tucked in my blouse with my fancy ribbon pants. On the days I look extra good, I tend to get reaction such:
"Wow! You look really good"
"Is that really you?"
"You look different"
"You should wear nicely/put make up everyday"
and more....🀦🏻‍♀️
Okay, don't get me wrong. I really understand where that statement is coming from. I mean, when you're putting effort to how you look you'll definitely look better than you usually are hence drawing such statement therefore there are some part of me disagreeing having people to decide how frequent I should put so much effort on my look. I mean can't you appreciate me and talk to me beyond how or about my look?
Sometimes, I feel like "am I really look that bad if I don't put on my make up, in my baggy pants and loose clothes?" No, that's just my insecurities kicks in and I'm not supposed to let my insecurities taking over myself neither do you. In times when you're in the mood to look good and you encounter such situation mentioned above, it's best to just thank those people and not taking things to hard to yourself. They probably meant well and has no ill feeling for their statement.
Chill and rock your style: bare face or full on make up, baggy pants or skinny jeans, fancy dress or loose hoodie. It's your choice, own it with confident. πŸ‘ΈπŸ‘
Side story: -
So today, I have to work from home due to recent Covid-19 outbreak and had first GVC for WFH. I turned my camera on because I don't really mind on how I look with or without make up. I was raised not bend myself according to shitty beauty standard. Some dude really have the audacity to say "so that's your real face at home" 🀦🏻‍♀️ Like, excuse me? My face has always been real all the damn time. This is the reason why majority of the women feels the need to "look good" all the time when they're already look good. What if the table turn and guys are told to do this and that to make them look good? Please everyone, just shut up if you don't have anything nice to say.
Regards,
Nill